So we’re going to classify this one as “budget gourmet.” Because it’s a gourmet flavor…done on a budget!
This is actually one of our new MyFreezEasy recipes and it’s ridiculously delicious. I had originally thought about doing a quick ‘fry-saute’ of the chicken before baking it. But…in the spirit of simplicity, I decided that a little salt and pepper on top was just right!
Here’s the play by play for this one.
Slit the chicken breast, horizontally across the fattest part…creating a little pocket.
Mix up the goat cheese, apricot preserves, onion and garlic.
Evenly divideÂ and then spoon into slits you made in the chicken.
Place into the baking dish. If it ‘spills out,’ that’s ok.
Brush the top of the chicken with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
And SO TASTY!!!!
Hope you love this as much as we did!!!
Goat Cheese Apricot Stuffed Chicken
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- French loaf bread, as side dish
- Side salad
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slit each of the chicken breasts at their widest section, creating a pocket.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese, apricot preserves, minced onion, and minced garlic.
- Spoon the goat cheese mixture into each of the chicken breasts. Place into a baking dish, brush the top of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the salad.
- Warm the bread.
- Serve Goat Cheese-Apricot Stuffed Chicken with salad and bread.