This is a great, inexpensive breakfast that can also double as a lovely dessert. It is super easy, looks very impressive, takes only a few hands-on minutes (way less than flipping pancakes). If I am making this for breakfast, then I always make sure to serve a piece of cheese or other protein before or after to increase the protein content of the meal.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs and then whisk in 1/2 milk.
- Pour over 1/2 cup of flour and whisk to combine.
- Add a dash of salt and set aside (you can set this aside for up to an hour.)
- Core and thinly slice one apple. Toss in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan and melt the butter (or melt butter separately and pour into a glass pie plate or other oven proof dish.)
- Quickly pour the batter into the hot pan with melted butter. Arrange the apple slices. Pop excess apple slices into your mouth.
- Carefully transfer to the hot oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a tiny bit of syrup (preferably maple). Enjoy!