It’s likely taking a bite out of a slice of summer.
Peach pie just screams summer to my taste buds.
And this homemade pie, with fresh peaches from Georgia, is beyond scrumptious.
Get this made for your next summer gathering or summer dessert at home. Enjoy!
Georgia Peach Pie
A scrumptious pie made with fresh peaches from Georgia. The very best!!!
Servings - 8 slices
- 2 pie crusts store bought or homemade
- 5 cups ripe peaches peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp butter cut into small bits
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg white to wash the top crust
- vanilla ice cream optional topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a 9" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pie plate with one of the pie crusts.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the sliced peaches, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the lemon juice, and then whisk in the cornstarch until it melts into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the peaches and toss well.
- Pour the peach pie filling into the prepared pie plate. Cover with the other crust, seal the two crusts together by pinching around the end of the pie plate. Create an edging with your thumb and first finger, or a fork. Cut a decorative slit into the center of the top crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Add a piece of foil loosely over the top, and then bake for another 10-15 minutes. Let cool at least an hour before serving.
- Serve Georgia Peach Pie warm or chilled, with optional vanilla ice cream topping.
Leave a Reply