The Best Grab & Go Snacks from the Freezer!
These Pizza Pinwheels and the Yogurt Blueberry Bites are the perfect make-ahead snacks for the freezer. I’ll break down the process for making and freezing both in this episode.
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: Freezer Friendly Snacks
Featured Products: Freezer Cooking
Recipe: Pizza Pinwheels
- 2 canisters refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 32 pepperonis
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with non stick cooking spray, or line the baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Open the 2 crescent rolls and then separate into 8 rectangles. Pinch together the seam that makes the triangles to get 4 rectangles. Set onto a pastry mat or lightly floured surface to make it easy to put them together and pick up for the baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce onto each pizza dough piece and spread to the edges. Then add a few pepperonis onto the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded cheese on the pepperoni. Then roll the rectangle with the shorter side of the rectangle being rolled.
- Spray your knife with non-stick cooking spray and then each rolled dough into 2 or 3 pieces. Transfer onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Frozen Blueberry Bites
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 single serve blueberry Greek yogurt
- Stir up some yogurt in a bowl.
- Drop in fresh blueberries and coat them in the yogurt.
- Drop each blueberry yogurt bite onto a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then transfer to a plastic container and baggie.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to eat.