Company supper right here, my friend.
Next time you have company coming over and you find yourself wondering what to prepare. I’ve got the answer for you right here.
CASHEW. PARMESAN. CRUSTED. PORK.
You’re gonna be shocked at how simple this is.
AND…it’s freezer friendly!
You can freeze this before baking the pork. Now you’ll have something fabulous waiting for you in the freezer….when you’re just having a rotten day, you can completely turn it around with this amazing dinner!
Cashew Parmesan Crusted Pork
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/3 cup cashews, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 lb. pork cube steak, or 4 small pork chops
Sauteed Onion for serving (optional)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Prepare for Freezing
- Combine all dry ingredients in shallow dish such as a pie pan.
- Coat both sides of each pork steak/chop with the dry mixture.
- Place into oven-safe disposable baking dish in single layer.
- Cover and freeze.
Thawing the Steak
- The night before you are going to cook this you should place the frozen steaks in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake on center rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan and turn steaks.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until pork reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Preparing Sauteed onions
- While the meat is baking, prepare the onions.
- In a small saute pan or skillet, melt the butter and then add the onion slices. Stir often, as they cook over medium low heat for 10-20 minutes, allowing them to caramelize.
- Serve Cashew Parmesan Crusted Pork with onions on top.
- (Recommended side dishes: mashed potatoes or rice and your favorite veggie)