Make a batch of these adorable football cupcakes for your next watching party, neighborhood block party, or tailgate!
These football cupcakes are a delightful and fun treat for your next pigskin party!
We’re getting clever with tootsie rolls, and here’s how it goes…
Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, spread on the chocolate frosting first.
Then melt the tootsie rolls, as directed. Form into a ball and then flatten with bottom of glass or measuring cup.
Place the flattened tootsie roll on top of the chocolate frosting.
Repeat until all are covered.
Using piping bag and #3 tip, add the football hashmarks.
One longer line down the middle.
Add a few shorter lines across the other way.
Set them out and watch them get devoured!
Yield – Makes approximately 24 cupcakes
Preparation Time – XYZ minutes
Cooking Time – XYZ minutes
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 jar chocolate frosting
- white frosting, for piping
- Wilton size 3 frosting tip
- 1 large package of Tootsie Roll Midgies
- Disposable piping bag
- Flat bottomed glass
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line 2 – 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs mixing well.
- Fill each muffin well half way with cupcake batter and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick around 18 minutes, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, generously frost each one with chocolate frosting.
- Open the Tootsie Rolls and discard the wrappers.
- Take 2 Tootsie Rolls at a time and place on a paper plate. Place in the microwave and heat for about 8 seconds. Remove from the microwave and gently roll into a ball.
- Use the bottom of the glass to gently press the Tootsie roll down into a flat circular shape.
- Place on top of the frosted cupcake.
- Repeat with each cupcake.
- Once all the cupcakes have a Tootsie Roll top, attach the size 3 round frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and add a few scoops of white frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag to make hash marks on the footballs.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.