Homemade alfredo sauce isn't as complicated as it seems! Try this recipe!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb. fettucine noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- In medium saucepan, cook fettucine noodles as directed on package. Drain.
- In skillet, prepare homemade white sauce. Melt butter and whisk in flour until turns into paste. Whisk in milk and whisk vigorously, until paste dissolves into milk. Whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken. Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and whisk until melts into the sauce. Add 1 Tbsp at a time of milk for a thinner sauce or 1 Tbsp at a time of flour for a thicker sauce. Once sauce has thickened, add chicken pieces and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir frequently.
- Cook frozen peas according to package directions.
- Toss cooked fettucini and peas into the skillet with the chicken and white sauce. Stir through.
- Slit or vent sweet potatoes. Add sweet potatoes to baking dish with inch of water and cover with foil. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 1 hour. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes. Peel skins off of the sweet potato and mash.
- Serve Fettucine Alfredo with Mashed Sweet Potatoes.