A magical combination of flavors and textures make for the perfect Fall Harvest Salad!
I predict you will soon be as obsessed with this flavorful autumn salad as I am.
It strikes just the right balance of crunch and smooth plus sweet and salty.
I have a great list of topping ideas
AND…the maple mustard vinaigrette is super simple to make with ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or pantry.
Add these ingredients to your next grocery list, and enjoy!
How to Make Fall Harvest Salad
Set out all the ingredients and toppings.
I might suggest a Romaine and radicchio mix for the lettuce base of the salad.
The Romaine leaves provide lots of nooks and crannies for the toppings to hide – allowing more flavors with each bite.
The radicchio offers just a bit of bitter-bite to balance out the sweet and crunch from other parts of this salad.
See…these 2 do make the perfect base!
Sprinkle in a little of each topping to each salad, or the entire lot of toppings if you’re making a salad for more than a few people.
Add dressing ingredients into container with lid, shake well until vinaigrette forms.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toppings.
Toss well! Enjoy!
- 2 bags romaine and raddichio lettuce
- 2 cups diced chicken cooked
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried or freeze dried apples
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup bacon crumbled
Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp mustard yellow, brown, or coarse grain
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add the lettuce mix to large mixing bowl. Add the salad toppings into the bowl, and toss well.
- Maple Mustard Vinaigrette: add the olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, garlic and pepper to resealable container. Add the lid and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle the maple mustard vinaigrette dressing over the salad and enjoy!