A quick “Chicken and Rice” dinner. But it didn’t seem like a chicken and rice dinner. Simple, yet TASTY!
I might have a new “weekend” favorite with this one. I try to keep our meals simple on the weekend, spaghetti, tacos, and now this…I’ll save my cooking and blogging energy for the week days!
I marinated this chicken in some canola oil and Emeril’s Essence seasonings. Then froze.
Then thawed. Then baked.
BAM!!!!! (Said with all of Emeril’s gusto!)
Emeril’s Essence Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 55 minutes
- 1.4 lb. chicken breast ($2.35) On sale for $1.68/lb!!!
- 3 Tbsp canola oil ($.10)
- 2 Tbsp Emeril’s Essence seasoning ($.50) A homemade version, if you’re interested 🙂
- 1 cup brown rice ($.40)
- 1 bag Steamers peas ($.67) There are coupons out for these all the time.
- Marinate the chicken breast in the canola oil and seasonings for at least 30 minutes, in the fridge. Or longer. Ideally.
- Bake the chicken in a glass baking dish at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Cook brown rice as directed on bag. Raw brown rice takes 50 minutes to cook. Plan accordingly.
- Cook the peas as directed on the package.
- Serve Emeril’s Essence Chicken with Brown Rice and Peas.