Busy weeknights, simple lunch time, a favorite for all time. My friend Kim’s stromboli recipe is an easy way to fill tummies. I usually keep it simple with shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni for filling. But you can make it heartier with lunch meat like Kim does.
This recipe is easily adaptable according to how cheesy you and your family prefer your stromboli. I sometimes serve a ‘leftovers’ stromboli with chicken or another type of leftover meat.
I make two for our family. Plus, depending on how you serve it, it’s fun for little ones to dip!
Easy Stromboli Recipe
Adapted from Little Sanctuary
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15-20 minutes
- 1 tube 11 oz. ready-made thin crust pizza dough or homemade pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza fillings like pepperoni or sausage, olives, bell peppers etc., as desired
- 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- Spread pizza dough out in a rectangle on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese on one side of dough. Layer other fillings as desired.
- Fold dough over to form a big pocket.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Cut with pizza cutter and serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.