I made drop biscuits this afternoon and we’re having them with baked chicken drumsticks and green beans from the garden. But I’m just sharing the drop biscuit recipe with ya tonight!
Cinnamon Honey Butter Drop Biscuits
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine (I used dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup milk (I used rice milk!)
- Cinnamon Honey Butter: 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 4 Tbsp of butter with pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Slowly mix in milk and stir with fork. Mix until thick batter forms.
- Drop biscuits onto greased cooking sheet or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
P.S. These would make for an excellent weekend breakfast!
Elizabeth Rehn says
Drop biscuits are a staple item in my home. We have them at least 3 times a week. I make a triple batch and just keep them in the fridge until we need them. I add flax seed to my biscuits, just to add some omega to it.
Christine @ Great Oak Circle DIY says
Oh my, these look tasty!
Alisa - Go Dairy Free & Frugal Foodie says
Yum, that honey butter sounds like the icing on the cake … errr, biscuit!
I made the drop biscuits from the More With Less cookbook. Oh my gosh, they are great!
Just wanted to let you know that I made these! Unfortunately I was in a hurry and I didn’t get to make the honey butter, but I really wish I did! Honestly my fiance thought they were a little plain, but I know the honey butter would have changed his mind. But I was really impressed with how *filling* these little biscuits are…. I have been making little mini-sandwiches out of them and I swear, one or two of these fill me up for hours! I love that. 🙂
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
Yes, the honey butter is key 🙂
If I make the honey-butter ahead of time, will it keep well in the fridge?
Mrs. Lindblom says
These look delish! Thanks for sharing!
my 3yo and I made these about a week ago and froze the dough. took some out last night and thawed them in the fridge overnight. cooked them this morning. mom = hero on Sunday morning! thanks!!!!
ps the honey butter is the bomb too 🙂
Biscuit Joiners The Perfect Tool? says
You already know therefore considerably in relation to this subject, made me in my opinion believe it from so many various angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated except it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time maintain it up!
Sheri Conant says
these were very good! excellent texture. thanks for sharing the recipe!!!