I made drop biscuits this afternoon and we’re having themÂ with baked chicken drumsticks and green beans from the garden.Â But I’m just sharing the drop biscuit recipe with ya tonight!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine (I used dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup milk (I used rice milk!)
- Cinnamon Honey Butter: 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 4 Tbsp of butter with pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Slowly mix in milk and stir with fork. Mix until thick batter forms.
- Drop biscuits onto greased cooking sheet or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
P.S. These would make for an excellent weekend breakfast!