I’m in serious comfort food mode with all the cold weather that we’ve been having, and these Company Pork Chops are a family favorite dish. We call them Company Pork Chops because it’s easy to make a whole bunch and you can visit with your company while the chops are baking in the oven.
We often make this dish using cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix, but the kids aren’t big fans of onions and they devour this herb and garlic version. I’d love to hear some of the different variations that you guys make!
- 6 to 8 butterfly pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope garlic and herb soup mix
- Parmesan cheese
- Mix the egg and water together in a shallow bowl. Place the bread crumbs in a second shallow bowl.
- Dredge pork chops through the egg mixture, then through the bread crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, then brown pork chops.
- Place browned pork chops in a greased 9×13 or larger pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine can of soup, 1 cup water and 1 envelope of garlic and herb soup mix and pour over pork chops. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.