Hey y’all! The boys were begging (seriously, begging) for hot cocoa the other night. So in an attempt to appease their pleading, I stumbled across an amazing “homemade dairy free hot cocoa mix.” Most (if not all) store bought cocoa mix contains dry milk of some kind, so I never get it for them. But this mix that I blended up is simple and perfect, plus it tastes great in both rice and almond milk (haven’t tried soy milk).
Dairy Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-2 vanilla beans, seeds scraped out
- 1 cup high quality cocoa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Blend together the sugar and vanilla beans.
2. Add the cocoa and sea salt and blend together.
3. Store in an airtight container.
4. To mix, add 2-3 heaping teaspoons to 8-10 oz. hot rice, almond coconut or soy milk.