With a little crunch.
Served warm or cooled.
I’m loving these noodles as a side dish this summer. They are the perfect compliment to grilled chicken, steaks and/or shrimp “on the barbie”, and grilled pork chops.
It’s uber simple…instead of tossing with marinara or meat sauce, you toss the cooked noodles with a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan/Romano cheese.
The result is amazing!
Crunchy Parmesan Spaghetti
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb spaghetti noodles ($.25)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ($.50)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese ($.25)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (1 tsp Italian seasoning if using plain bread crumbs)
- Cook the noodles as directed. (Any long noodle will work...linguini, angel hair, thin spaghetti, spaghetti, fettuccine.)
- Drain and rinse with cold water. (When to rinse and not rinse pasta.) (If you wish to serve warm, don't rinse with cold water.)
- Add to serving bowl and toss with the olive oil, bread crumbs and grated Parmesan. Toss until all the noodles are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper (and Italian seasoning if necessary.)
- Serve Crunchy Parmesan Spaghetti, as side dish.