This one’s a crowd pleaser!
Our boys loved this homemade crispy chicken – with the buttery goodness of crushed Ritz, combined with tang from the cheddar cheese, a little garlic and a punch of flavor from fresh chives. It’s just a fabulous combo for chicken breasts!
I pounded and slice the chicken breasts, but this same amount of crackers would work for 10-12 chicken tenders too!
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 16 Ritz crackers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chives
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- Side: dinner rolls
- Side: salad
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter. Crush the crackers into crummy pieces. If needed, chop the chives.
- Lightly pound the chicken breasts to about 1/2-inch thick. If preferred, cut in half to make tender size pieces of chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the crushed crackers, shredded cheese, minced garlic and chopped chives.
- Place the melted butter in another bowl. Dip the chicken into the melted butter, then coat with the cracker mixture, and then place into baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Crispy Cheddar Chicken Bake with dinner rolls and veggies.