I love me some chicken salad. I like to eat it out of the bowl. I like it on sandwich bread. I like it on croissants. I like it on hamburger buns. I like it in tortillas.
And I like it sweet.
While the plain mayo with some celery and salt and pepper is o-kay, my sweet tooth would rather there be some fruit mixed in, whether it’s pineapple, grapes, or in this case…cranberry sauce!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip, if you must ($.20) Lots of coupons on sales on these right now!
- About 1/2 of a 15 ounce can cranberry sauce ($.35) Bought a LONG time ago on Manager's Special
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread of some sort ($.50) I used a Manager's Special loaf and sliced it to sandwich size.
- Serve with a salad mix ($1) and this delicious Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing ($.50)
- Add some extra veggies like green beans (frozen from my garden last year) (Blanched and Frozen)
- Place the cooked and shredded chicken into a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing and pour over the salad.
- Thaw the green beans and steam. Season with salt and pepper to taste.