I love me some chicken salad. I like to eat it out of the bowl. I like it on sandwich bread. I like it on croissants. I like it on hamburger buns. I like it in tortillas.
And I like it sweet.
While the plain mayo with some celery and salt and pepper is o-kay, my sweet tooth would rather there be some fruit mixed in, whether it’s pineapple, grapes, or in this case…cranberry sauce!
Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup canned cranberry sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- side salad
- veggies side dish
- Place the cooked and shredded chicken into a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the side salad and veggies.
- Serve Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches with side salad and veggies.
The chicken salad looks like it tastes like summer!
i’ve been making an amazing apricot chicken salad lately. you’d love that too
I love chicken salad as well this one is a bit different but I will try it for sure
I’ve never thought to use cranberry sauce in my chicken salad. Craisins, sure, but not the sauce. I love cranberry sauce; so yummy!
Queen of the House says
Ooohh!!! Love the idea of a little cranberry sauce in the chicken salad! I too, love chicken salad! Sometimes for an extra special treat, I serve it open faced as a melt (with shredded cheese). Mmmm!!! 🙂
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
I can’t wait to try this chicken salad! I LOVE chicken salad in every form, thanks!