Whole cinnamon sticks.
100% apple juice.
Throw all this into a slow cooker, and you’ve got a healthy holiday drink from heaven!
Delicious-ness in a cup!
Cranberry Apple Cider
- 64 oz. bottle 100% apple juice
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- Handful whole cloves
- Couple cinnamon sticks
- Pour the apple juice into the slow cooker. Add the fresh cranberries, whole cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Set on high for 4 hours. Strain the cranberries, cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving.
- The cranberries will pop and release their tart juices. The sweetness of the apple juice will balance it out. If you wish for a sweeter cider, then add a few Tbsp of brown sugar to sweeten it up!
- Serve warm, straight of out the slow cooker.
Anita Chamblee says
I think I’ll try this, but use the frozen whole cranberries in my freezer. Sounds wonderful!
Danny Dave says
This should be great. A healthy drink that tastes heavenly.
Heather H says
I was going to make Wassil again this year, but I think I’ll try this! Thanks!
This looks so yummy! I think we are having a cranberry apple theme this year, because I’m making cranberry apple compote as our cranberry sauce.
This sounds great! Will it be ok or as tasty with this being leftover juice being cold in refrig?
Okay since I’m frugal-minded, do you have a recipe of what we can do with the cranberries we strain out of the drink?????? PPPPPPPPPLLLLEASE?
I found you through Good Cheap Eats. I don’t think I’ll wait for Thanksgiving to try this!!
Lisa S. says
Glenda, you could make a cranberry bread or hot cereal out of the leftover berries…
Super Saver MAma SAVE Couypons says
Looking like so yummy! I think we are having a cranberry apple theme this year. luckily I saw super saver mama named website there I find extra discount coupons and vouchers through vouchers I got a lot of foods shopping it was very graceful for me.