Don’t you just love this time of year?Â The air is crisp, the nightsÂ are cool, and the children breathe in white puffs. I adore the fall!
And if you ask me, there is nothingÂ better on a cool fall evening than a big, hearty bowl of steaming soup.
This potato soup is an often requested recipe in our family and it feeds all 10 of us for well under $10. My family loves it because it is creamy and filling. I love it because it fits our large family budget!
Connie's Potato Soup for 10
- 1 lb. spicy breakfast sausage ($2.50)
- 10 medium Russet potatoes ($1.30)
- 1 onion, diced ($.30)
- Can cream of chicken soup ($.89)
- Can cream corn ($.59)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar ($.50)
- Peel and cube potatoes. Cover with water in large stock pot and put on to boil.
- Brown sausage and onions. Set aside
- After the potatoesbecome soft (15-20 minutes), whisk in soup and corn.
- Add sausage and onions.
- Stir in cheese.