My family of 10 loves this recipe. There are so many ways to prepare it by adding different vegetables and meats, that we often vary it by what we have in the fridge.
The “must haves” for this recipe are simple – just rice, eggs, and soy sauce.Â Then you can add any other veggies or leftover meats that you have available to round out the meal.
Connie's Fried Rice
- 2 cups precooked rice
- 2 eggs
- Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- For this recipe, we used 1 cup frozen broccoli - chopped, 2 grated carrots, and a leftover oven fried pork chop that I minced.
- Prepare the frozen broccoliand rice (We used6 cups)according to package directions and grate the carrots.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium high in a large wok or skillet.
- Add cooked rice to the wok and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Movethe rice to the outer edges of the wok, making a hole in the center.
- Crack the eggs in the center of the pan, and scramble.
- Add the vegetables and meat, plus 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and stir it all together until well heated. Enjoy!