So I looked out the kitchen window and noticed that the cilantro had almost reached the height of the child rabbit fence around my square foot gardening planters. I knew cilantro grew quickly, but didn’t think it would really grow THAT quickly.
Quick…how can I start using this up. And pronto!!!
How about mixed into brown rice with some lime juice for a little extra flavor?!?
(I’m leaving you with just this for tonight…a complete meal with this lip smackingly delicious rice…coming soon to a frugal food website near you.)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 to 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the brown rice, lime juice, olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Return to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Chop cilantro.
- Once the rice has cooked, add the garlic powder, chopped cilantro and more salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice with favorite Mexican dish.