Oh my heavens.
Yes, chocolate for breakfast. Chocolate croissants for breakfast.
The French do it, so why can’t we??!
Well, we can. And we should. And we will.Â
Here’s how this will go down in your kitchen…
Break up the croissants and add in single layer.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips. Be generous here 😉
Add dollops of the cream cheese.
And tuck the cream cheese, cozy in with the second layer of croissants and chocolate chips.
Mix up the egg mixture with milk…
Touch of salt…
And now it’s ready to be poured…
Pour over everything in the baking dish.
If needed, give it a little shake and shimmy to get it to all settle together.
Bake it to perfection…
Get in my belly now please!!!!
Chocolate Croissant Bake
- 12 pre-baked mini croissants
- 12 oz. bag mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear the croissants into bite sized pieces.Layer half of the croissant pieces into the bottom prepared dish.
- Pour half of a bag of mini chocolate chips evenly over the top of the croissant pieces.
- Cut 4 oz. of cream cheese into 12 cubes. Layer the cubes of cream cheese inrows on top of the croissant pieces in the baking dish.
- Top the cream cheese with another layer of bite sized pieces of croissants, and theremaining half of a bag of mini chocolate chips.
- In a mixing bowl, crack and whisk together 8 large eggs.Add the milk to the mixing bowl with the eggs.Pour in 1/2 cup of canned evaporated milk.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and vanilla.Stir all of the ingredients together in the bowl, and pour evenly over top of thecroissant mixture in the baking dish.
- *Cover and refrigerate the casserole overnight.
- Remove the baking dish from the fridge in the morning, and preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through and browned on top.