I kinda wish I could eat these all day long. Or at least after lunch. And again after dinner.
I’m a sucker for toffee. Especially, toffee mixed with chocolate.
And these soft, chewy “chocolate & toffee chip” bars make for an outstanding dessert, or snack. Or both. I’ve got some baking time on Friday…and I think I’m gonna add these to the list and make them again!
These “blondie brownies” made from scratch with the addition of chocolate chips and toffee chips — just perfect! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tspbaking soda
- 1 tspsalt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tspvanilla extract(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a jelly roll pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir.
- Add the butter, vanilla, and eggs. Beat for a minute to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour the batter onto the parchment lined jelly roll pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the toffee chips into the top of the batter. Press down gently.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until edges are light golden brown and batter is not at all shiny.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and allow the bars to cool directly on the rack for another 10 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!