I have a little thing for chocolate chip cookies.
I haven’t made any for myself in a while.Â But when the coupon for Nestle chocolate chips showed up inÂ the newspaper last night, I just couldn’t help it.Â I had to buy a bag!
As I was preparing the batter, I thought to myself, ‘If I’m really going to make these, I might as well “healthify” them.Â Right!!??!!Â Toss in some whole wheat and some flaxseed.”Â Justify. Justify.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-2 cups of chocolate chips (I will not lie. I used 2 cups!)
- In KitchenAid, or in bowl using hand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- In medium bowl, combine and mix baking soda, salt, wheat flour, white flour and ground flaxseed.
- Add flour mixture to mixture in the KitchenAid. Mix until batter forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.