If a Macaroon and a Chocolate Chip Cookie got married and had a kid…it would be a chip-eroon. Which is exactly what you find here!
You’re planning a cookie exchange, attending one, or just baking up a storm and wanna try a new cookie recipe, look no further! These are all about the fruity burst from the cherries, combined with the smooth and sweet chocolate…with the texture and punch from the coconut…makes for fantastical holiday cookies!
Move over (French) Macaroons…there’s a new trend brewing in the baking world! Here come the Chip-eroons! 😉
Happy holiday baking my friend!!!
Chocolate Cherry Chiperoons
Yield – 4 1/2 dozen cookies
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 -15 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons shortening, melted (can sub coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 1/3 cups shredded coconut (not flakes)
- 11 1/2 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Beat eggs and salt until frothy. Add sugar.
- Beat thoroughly until thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in flour, melted shortening (or coconut oil), and almond extract and blend well.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets (or use parchment paper).
- Bake 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden on the edges and tops.
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes and remove onto cooling racks.