This is a protein rich meal or side dish.
Also, I’m not a HUGE fan of tuna without mayonnaise or sandwich spread mixed with it…too “fishy” for me. But this didn’t leave me feeling fishy after eating it. The lemon juice, dill and other flavors made the un-mayonized tuna totally edible. And I actually ended up kinda liking it. (Perhaps I’m turning over a new tuna leaf.)
- 2 - 15 oz. cans chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 - 6 oz. cans tuna in water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chick peas.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Toss and serve.
- If preferred, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.