Tonight’s dinner is straight out of the freezer!
Toss into pot. Stir occasionally. Eat!
Chicken Zucchini Stew on Rice
- 2 tsp olive oil ($.06)
- 1 large zucchini, chopped ($1)
- 1 yellow zucchini, chopped ($1)
- 1 yellow summer squash, chopped ($1)
- 1 large green onion, chopped ($1)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped ($.10)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped ($.10)
- About 2 cups of homemade chicken stock (free)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken ($1.50)
- 2 tsp garlic powder ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white rice ($.20) I would have preferred this with brown rice, but didn't have time to wait 30 more minutes for it to cook!(See how to bake brown rice in the oven here.)
- 2 broccoli heads ($.50) Bought when on sale for $1/4...blanched and froze!
- To a large saucepan, add olive oil. Toss in the partially thawed chopped veggies. (Or fresh if you're using fresh!) Saute for 6-7 minutes, or until are completely thawed.
This dinner was a *smidge* over…but there were A.L.O.T. of leftovers…and it was LOVELY to have summer veggies in the DEAD of winter!