Tonight’s dinner is straight out of the freezer!
Toss into pot. Stir occasionally. Eat!
- 2 tsp 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow summer squash chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 whole carrot chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice side dish
- 2 broccoli heads side dish
- To a large saucepan, add olive oil. Toss in the partially thawed chopped veggies. (Or fresh if you're using fresh!) Saute for 6-7 minutes, or until are completely thawed.
- Add the chicken stock plus 1-2 cups of water. Add the shredded chicken.
- Cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I let mine cook down so it was pretty "thick" and more stew-like than soup-like.)
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Steam or boil the broccoli.
- Serve Chicken Zucchini Stew over Rice with a side of Broccoli.
This dinner was a *smidge* over…but there were A.L.O.T. of leftovers…and it was LOVELY to have summer veggies in the DEAD of winter!