Would it be okay to admit that I licked that little bowl clean? I hope that’s okay…because I just admitted it.
This chicken salad is so fresh. And crunchy. And delicious. Like yes, lick-the-bowl clean delicious.
It’s the sweet-tangy yogurt combined with all the amazing “Waldorf flavors” in a little bowl of perfection. Needs to be licked clean perfection. I’m almost tempted to add “lick the bowl clean” to the last bullet point in the directions.
I know…I should stop now.
This salad right here is why I keep cooked, shredded chicken in my freezer…so that I can make this on a quick whim! You could used canned chicken, leftover roasted chicken…whatever works for you, works for me.
And you don’t have to be embarrassed if you end up licking the bowl clean. I did, so you’ll be in good company. 😉
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small apple, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 12 grapes, quartered
- lettuce, optional for serving
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, and honey. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, apple, walnuts, and grapes. Top with dressing and stir.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or with crackers.