Lazy Chicken Tacos al Pastor is an easy, crave-worthy dinner the whole family will love!
I love an easy “dump ingredients into the slow cooker” kind of meals – especially those that are so flavorful, yet so simple to prepare!
Tacos al Pastor is traditionally made with pork and the marinated and cooked meat is shaved onto the tortilla and topped with pineapple, cilantro and cotija cheese.
Most people do not have the “setup” to make these that way, so I present to you a slow cooked alternative.
Chicken + all the amazing flavors and spices…softened and shredded to taco perfection.
I have found that this one ingredient is CRUCIAL to the flavor profile of these tacos, and there really is no great alternative. If you haven’t find it in your local grocery store, you could try an international store near you or grab a can (or two!) from Amazon.
Chicken Al Pastor STREET TACOS
Chicken al Pastor HARD SHELL TACOS
If you love tacos, you need these adorable taco holders!
Oh…and don’t recommend leaving these unattended if you have puppies…
Tyler left his plate to grab his drink and…
Lazy Chicken Tacos al Pastor
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 orange juiced and zested
- 16 corn tortillas or taco shells
- fresh pineapple thinly sliced, garnish
- fresh chopped cilantro garnish
- cotjia cheese garnish
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker. Pour the chiptole peppers, crushed pineapple with juices, and chopped onion over the top. Stir gently to combine.
- Squeeze and zest the lime and orange, then stir gently to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. At the end of the cooking cycle, shred the chicken into the sauce.
- Warm the corn tortillas or taco shells and spoon the shredded chicken with some sauce onto the tortilla. Top with sliced pineapple, chopped cilantro, and cotija cheese. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply