I’m digging on the flavors in this stuffing bake. This really isn’t meant to be a Thanksgiving side dish or meal idea…but it would be UH-MAZING with leftover shredded turkey meat! Just sub that out for the diced chicken!
We will be sharing some holiday meal ideas soon – including several Instant Pot turkey and side ideas for you! So stay tuned for this…
But for now, here’s an easy weeknight dinner idea for you!
Chicken Swiss Stuffing Bake
I'm digging on the flavors in this stuffing bake. This really isn't meant to be a Thanksgiving side dish or meal idea...but it would be UH-MAZING with leftover shredded turkey meat!
Servings - 4 servings
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 oz. package herb stuffing mix
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Side idea: salad
- Grill or boil the chicken breasts and then cut into bite size pieces. You could use rotisserie chicken or homemade shredded chicken too.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and milk. Toss in the diced/shredded chicken, stuffing mix, broccoli florets, and half of the shredded Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared baking, spreading out evenly, and then sprinkle the remaining shredded Swiss cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese has melted.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Chicken Swiss Stuffing Bake with side salad.
Elizabeth Stelley says
I love this dish! My mom has been making it for years and calls it “fancy feast chicken”, which is a horrible name for obvious reasons :). She just puts the raw chicken breast (whole) straight in the baking dish with a slice of swiss on top and bakes it like that. So a little faster, but basically the same end result. I like to experiment with different cheeses, like gruyere, and often put a splash of white wine in.
That looks delicious…perfect for the fall. I like that it’s so easy to make.