Nope. Not feeling it tonight.
I think I spent too much time in the kitchen baking yesterday…And I just didn’t feeling like cooking tonight!
I thought about just making some spaghetti…my typical “go to” meal…
But thankfully, I managed a quick throw together dinner instead. Stashed in the freezer, I found the chicken taco bake I froze a few weeks ago. Paired with some tortilla chips that the Hubs brought home from an office party, and we were good to go!
(The benefits of a stocked freezer are many…the main being, it prevented me from calling for takeout and spending WAY too much $$ on dinner!)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken ($1.50) Click here for instructions
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed ($.25)
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes with green chilies), undrained ($.69)
- 1 15 oz. can (or 2 cups) black beans ($.59)
- 1/4 red onion, diced ($.20)
- Tortilla Chips (free from office party...needed to use them up!) Use corn tortilla chips for a GF meal
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese ($.75)
- Salsa ($.25)
- 2 large broccoli heads ($.79)
- In saucepan, combine chicken, corn, Rotel tomatoes, black beans and onion. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Place tortilla chips onto plate and top with the chicken mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese melts. Top with a "dollop" of salsa.
- Steam broccoli in stovetop steamer, or in microwavable bowl with 1/2 cup of water and covered with plastic wrap, for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Chicken Nachos with Broccoli.