Nope. Not feeling it tonight.
I think I spent too much time in the kitchen baking yesterday…And I just didn’t feeling like cooking tonight!
I thought about just making some spaghetti…my typical “go to” meal…
But thankfully, I managed a quick throw together dinner instead. Stashed in the freezer, I found the chicken taco bake I froze a few weeks ago. Paired with some tortilla chips that the Hubs brought home from an office party, and we were good to go!
(The benefits of a stocked freezer are many…the main being, it prevented me from calling for takeout and spending WAY too much $$ on dinner!)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/4 small red onion chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chops
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- salsa topping
- veggies side dish
- In saucepan, combine cooked chicken, corn, Rotel tomatoes, black beans and onion. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Place tortilla chips onto plate and top with the chicken mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese melts. Top with a "dollop" of salsa.
- Cook veggies.
- Serve Chicken Nachos with veggies.