No photo tonight…because I have no Internet at my home at the moment. If you follow me on Twitter, you know I was none to happy with amount of time I spent on the phone trying to order a new modem. But at least they threw in free overnight shipping and a month of free service for the 4, yes 4, hours I spent calling around and finally ordering the new modem.
So I’m posting from my iPhone tonight. Forgive any typos, wouldya?
This recipe comes from my BFF from the Dominican Republic…she made this for us all the time!
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts ($1.50)
- 1 green pepper ($.50) On sale last week
- 1 orange pepper ($1) On sale last week
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning ($.20)
- 1/2 cup mayo ($.25)
- 1/4 cup milk ($.03) I used rice milk
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley (free from garden)
- 1/8 tsp dill ($.02)
- 1 garlic clove crushed ($.05)
- 1 small piece of onion, crushed ($.05)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups white flour ($.60)
- 1 tsp sugar ($.02)
- 1 yeast packet ($.20)
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese ($.75-$1.50) on sale recently! But I omitted the cheese to stay dairy-free!
- 1/4 watermelon ($.75)
- Place dough ingredients into bread machine and set to dough cycle. (sorry I don't have any by hand directions!)
- In the meantime, dice chicken and peppers (I did this last week before Blogher and froze them, as I did not want them to go to waste!). Saute with fajita seasoning until chicken pieces have cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Make homemade ranch dressing by whisking mayo, milk, parsley, dill, crushed garlic and crushed onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put in fridge until ready to use.
- Once dough cycle is complete, roll out dough onto pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 6 minutes. Remove and add ranch dressing, chicken and peppers. Top with cheese (I omitted cheese.) bake another 8-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Cut watermelon into wedges or pieces.
- Serve Chicken Fajita Pizza with Watermelon.
Cost $5.20 without the cost of cheese!