I have fond memories of Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I think it might have been the first “meal” that I ever cooked. I put meal into quotation marks, because I really mean this was the first food that I pulled from the freezer and re-heated…all by myself.
I like these little frozen chicken cordon bleus that my mom always had on hand.
They were good, filling and easy to prepare for myself. I remember enjoying the flavor combinations – the rich sauce and cheese, with the ham chunks, all wrapped up in a lightly coated chicken breast. So yummy!
Fast forward to today…while I don’t keep those in our freezer now, I do like to bring those flavors back into the kitchen every now and again. And I did so recently with this grilled cheese…
I didn’t go “full stop” with a sauce…but decided that adding the mustard to the bread slices, combined with the melty Swiss cheese would be enough. And it is.
This is just a lovely sandwich…and not any harder to put onto the dinner table that a regular grilled cheese. You just need a few extra ingredients!
Hope you enjoy this one!!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10minutes
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 4 slices chicken delimeat or thinly sliced grilled chicken
- 4 slices ham delimeat
- 8 slices baby Swiss cheese
- Fruit and chips, as side dish
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- Butter the outsides of the bread and spread spicy brown mustard on the insides.
- Assemble each sandwich with 1 slice chicken, 1 slice ham, 2 slices cheese.
- Grill on both sides until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Serve Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, warm with fruit and chips.