Pasta + Alfredo + Bacon. This combo makes for a magical dinner!
Throw in some chicken and peas and you’ve got yourself an amazing meal for the family. When people ask me how I’m going to afford feeding 4 teenage boys, I immediately think of meals like this that are hearty, filling and loaded with both carbs and protein. If I were ever to release a cookbook about feeding teenage boys on a budget, this would be the lead recipes in the pasta chapter 😉
Hope you enjoy this creamy pasta delicious-ness!
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole with Bacon and Peas
- 12 oz. ziti pasta
- Olive oil, to coat pasta
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 15 oz. can English peas, drained
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil. Set aside until sauce is ready.
- Cook the bacon on the stovetop over medium heat until crispy. Remove from stove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the saucepan with the bacon drippings, cook the chicken over medium heat until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest a few minutes on a cutting board. Cut into chunks and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the same pan where you cooked the chicken, add the garlic and cook the garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Pour in the cream and reduce heat. Stir until the cream comes to a very gentle simmer. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir until creamy and completely melted.
- Pour the pasta into a casserole dish. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Sprinkle with chicken, bacon, and English peas. Bake for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole hot.