Let’s talk about this smooth, summer-y dessert for a minute!
Crumbly red velvet cake as the crust.
Smooth, sweet cheesecake as the middle layer.
Topped with perfectly sweet-tart cherries.
Chilled to perfection.
This just might be my favorite dessert of the summer, and it’s time for you to try it!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (probably 15 - 16 oz.)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 16 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (could substitute almond extract,or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 X 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons of melted butter. Use a hand mixer to blend thoroughly.
- Press the contents evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In another medium mixing bowl, combine 2 eggs, 8 tablespoons of melted butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Blend thoroughly with mixer. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake crust. Bake for 45 minutes. Center will still be shiny and very gooey. Do not over bake.
- Cool completely. Spread pie filling over the top.
- Serve Cherry Cheesecake Red Velvet Bars topped with cherry pie filling.