A cheesy twist to tuna and noodles.
A recipe from Costco Meal Plan #2.
Cheesy Tuna Pasta
Creamy and tangy!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles or other pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 7 oz. cans tuna
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb frozen Green Beans or corn
- Boil the pasta noodles as directed. Drain well and return to saucepan.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Whisk in the milk and whisk vigorously until flour "melts" into the milk. Whisk in the chicken broth. Bring to bubbling and then stir in the sour cream and cheese. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce bubbles and begins to thicken. Stir in the tuna, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the cooked noodles and toss well.
- Prepare frozen corn or green beans.
- Serve Cheesy Tuna Noodles with vegetable.
I’m playing with your 20 meals for $150 from costco posts. I just made this tonight with Steamed Snow Peas on the side [it’s what was handy]. I think for dinner it was probably $8-9. Which is great! Snow peas are pricier [$2.29? ] than green beans, but everything cooked faster than I realized! My husband LOVED this recipe, and the rest of us were fans! I added some 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joes to the seasonings you listed. Really appreciate the time and recipes to go with the savings!