Turns out browned ground beef, potatoes and cheese isn’t the sexiest thing to photograph…
BUT HOLY COW IS IT DELICIOUS!
I caught one boy licking his plate clean…seriously.
And I adore this…and wonder and simple “meat and potatoes” skillet meal that you’re gonna love!
(Also, I highly recommend using a sharp cheddar cheese here…it adds a lovely flavor punch!)
Cheeseburger Hashbrown Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup (use Pacific brand for gluten-free option)
- 1 cup milk
- 26 oz. bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Side: salad
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup and milk, and combine together with the meat. Then stir in the frozen hash browns and stir into the sauce. Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hash browns have softened and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and let melt. If needed, run the skillet under the broiler to melt the cheese. (Make sure its an ovenproof skillet!) Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Cheeseburger Hashbrown Skillet with side salad.