I’ve got a fun twist on rice krispies treats for you…Cheerios Christmas Trees!
These trees are perfect for a fun food-craft this holiday season!
It’s a similar process to making rice krispies treats, expect you use cheerios and shape them into trees!
Once you shape them, you can carefully stick on the m&m “ornaments” and add a yellow “m&m star” to the top of the tree too 😉
And of course, they are edible…so once they set/chill, they can be enjoyed by all!
Cheerios Christmas Trees
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- M&M candies (specifically red, yellow and green)
- Cooking spray
- Pour the Cheerios into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows on low-medium heat, constantly stirring until the mix is smooth.
- Add the melted marshmallow mixture and the green food coloring to the Cheerios. Stir until it's evenly coated.
- Generously coat your hands with cooking spray and grab a handful of the Cheerios mixture. Shape into a tree. Place them on a sheet of waxed paper. While they are still sticky, place red and green M&M candies on the trees as ornaments and a yellow M&M on the top of each one for the star.
- Refrigerate about an hour before serving.