This flavorful chicken not only taste fantastical, it’s super healthful too!
With these wraps, you could use tortillas, whole wheat tortillas or lettuce cups. (I recently noticed my grocery store had new ‘lettuce wrap’ lettuce available…already pulled apart and neatly nested together for you.) This recipe calls for rotisserie chicken, but you could use slow cooked, shredded chicken as the base too. Let it soak in the green curry sauce (red curry paste would work too) and then warm it all up and let the flavors mingle and drill into the chicken, then assemble your wraps with some slaw and cashews.
You can see how flexible and adaptable these chicken wraps are! And they are super delicious too!! Enjoy!
Cashew & Curry Chicken Wraps
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas
- Chopped cashews, for garnish
- Coleslaw, for garnish
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Open the can of light coconut milk.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the shredded rotisserie chicken with the coconut milk, curry paste and chopped cilantro. *Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat up the chicken and curry mixture over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until simmering. Strain off extra liquid, if necessary.
- Assemble wraps with the flour tortillas, adding in the curried chicken, chopped cashews and Coleslaw.
- Prepare the fruit.
- Serve Cashew & Curry Chicken Wraps with fruit