Carne Asada is all about the marinade and this homemade marinade is perfect for steak that will be frozen! (Think – you find some flank steak on sale or special, and need to either cook it or freeze it right away. I usually opt for freezing it…especially when the marinade is acidic like this one. The acid will soften the meat fibers as it thaws and marinates…and then it slow cooks and the meat ends up literally melting in your mouth. So perfect!
Once cooked, you can carefully pull apart the meat to add to tacos with your favorite taco toppings! And be sure to check out the Instant Pot directions too 🙂
This recipe is from my 15-Minute Freezer Meals Cookbook! Tap below to get your book ordered!
- 2 lb. flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- Garnish: favorite taco toppings
- Side: salad
- Side: rice
- Chop the fresh cilantro.
- Place the flank steak into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, white vinegar, minced garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the sauce over the meat. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce. Assemble the meat into the tortillas with your favorite taco toppings like pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Prepare salad.
- Cook the rice.
- Serve Carne Asada Tacos with salad and rice.
Instant Pot Cooking Directions
- Add the flake steak into the insert. Pour the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, cilantro over the steak. Gently stir to combine. Close the lid and set to Sealing. Cook on High, Manual for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Let pressure release naturally. Keep on warm mode until ready to serve - shred or slice the beef into the sauce, then strain and serve into tacos with favorite toppings and sides.