Tonight’s meal is based on this recipe from Amy at Mom Advice.
To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about pasta on lettuce. I was quite pleasantly surprised! We both really enjoyed it. And there’s plenty leftover for my “Chicken Caesar Pasta” lunch tomorrow!
Because the Caesar dressing has milk in it, I separated out this dish for the boys and gave them Italian dressing on their salad!!!
(And please ignore the fact that I used a simple garden lettuce mix and not Romaine. I do realize this breaks all the “Caesar Salad” rules! But whateves!)
Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups penne or ziti noodles
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 bag garden salad lettuce or chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh or frozen dinner rolls side dish
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in skillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Saute over high heat for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In small saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop lettuce, if necessary, and seed and dice tomatoes.
- In mixing bowl, toss cooked chicken, pasta and tomatoes with Caesar salad dressing. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad with a side of rolls.
Your salad sounds yummy. Can’t wait to try it.
This site is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’ve added you to my blogroll. Looking forward to even more great tasting affordable recipes.
Mimi @ Life At Mimi's House says
YUMMY!! This post is just what I need. I will be making a “chicken salad” for tomorrow night’s meal and this will be perfect. Thanks for posting it. I am a huge fan of your site and new to the blogging world. If you get a chance stop by my new little blog and say hello.
Gwendolyn Benton says
This salad was unusually tasty…it was very good, my job served it and I will try it at home.
Breanna veverka says
im going to try this tonight for family dinner exept im not cheap so ill get the expensive things and i feel bad for all of the moms out there who dont have any money but its not my problem
bitch of the world says
this website sucks just like the people who eat this crap
fuck u says
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im bad