Tonight’s meal is based on this recipe from Amy at Mom Advice.
To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about pasta on lettuce. I was quite pleasantly surprised! We both really enjoyed it. And there’s plenty leftover for my “Chicken Caesar Pasta” lunch tomorrow!
Because the Caesar dressing has milk in it, I separated out this dish for the boys and gave them Italian dressing on their salad!!!
(And please ignore the fact that I used a simple garden lettuce mix and not Romaine. I do realize this breaks all the “Caesar Salad” rules! But whateves!)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups penne or ziti noodles
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 bag garden salad lettuce or chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh or frozen dinner rolls side dish
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in skillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Saute over high heat for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In small saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop lettuce, if necessary, and seed and dice tomatoes.
- In mixing bowl, toss cooked chicken, pasta and tomatoes with Caesar salad dressing. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad with a side of rolls.