If buffalo wings could be made into soup form, this is it!
Chicken. Spice. Celery. Blue Cheese.
I decided to double this recipe…some for us to enjoy at home, and some to take a potluck this past week. I only made a slight change to the recipe that I served my family…I added half as much of the red hot pepper sauce. I didn’t want the kids to complain, or have red hot lips and tongues. And I took another pot to a potluck, made as directed.
There was nothing. And I mean nothing left in the pot. I brought a little tub of blue cheese and printed out a simple instruction card so people would know to add a spoonful (or two, or three) of blue cheese to their little bowl.
I will be making this again for the Super Bowl…it’s seriously like wings in a bowl! And would be perfect for game day…or any weeknight for that matter!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 15 oz can Rosarita Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 14.5 oz Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 8 oz can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp red hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Spray large saucepan or Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and celery; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and flavors are blended. Top each serving with blue cheese. Add more hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Serve Buffalo Chicken Chili with Blue Cheese.