Before you get all…ERIN, YOU CAN’T PUT LETTUCE IN A FRITTATA…
Yes you sure can…when it’s spinach. And it’s delicious.
I used an older recipe and updated the method and adding some tomatoes. This method is new and doesn’t require sauteing the spinach ahead of time. Because I’m lazy. Well, really I’m just trying to survive the busy afternoons and simply didn’t have a minute to spare to saute the spinach. Lazy + busy = add the spinach fresh…it will turn out just fine!
Add spinach, tomatoes, bacon.
Combine and pour into quiche dish.
(I think this would be too much for a 9″ pie plate. You could scale it back a little, or risk it and fill it to the brim. Or use a 9″ square baking dish, or 7×11″ baking dish.)
Bake, add some cheese. Bake a little longer.
Serve this easy weekend breakfast, or brinner on a busy weeknight. Add a side of fresh fruit and some chunky bread or toast and you’ve got yourself a delightful meal!
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 6 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Side ideas: toast with jam & fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a quiche dish or 9" square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mixin the spinach leaves, diced tomatoes and crumbledbacon. Pour into the prepared dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until eggs have set in the middle.
- Remove and add the cheese on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve BLT Frittata warm with side of toast or bread and fresh fruit. (Use GF bread if GF!)