Blackberries. I love their sweetness and their tartness. I grabbed a few packages for a buck at the store last week. And I just had to make some muffins, or are they cupcakes?
I’m not sure what to call them. Because they really could be both. They are that versatile.
I love how when berries bake, their little juice pods pop and the juice runs all over! Mmm.
Now scroll through the delicious-ness and then help me figure out where these little goodies belong in the next cookbook!
- 1/2 cup cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups blackberries halved
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 24 mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Slice the blackberries in half and place in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and toss away. But do so lightly. You don't want to hurt the blackberries!
- Prepare the batter in a stand mixer or mixing bowl with hand mixer by beating the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk until smooth. Then add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour some batter into each of the mini muffin wells. Fill about 1/4 full.
- Add 2 blackberry halves to each well.
- Be sure to not let too much of the liquid from the blackberry bowl get into the batter. A little is fine.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top of the blackberries.
- Fill up the muffins tins. All the way full is fine!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cooked through!
- Let cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!!!