A quick, easy, and freezer friendly recipe for Black Bean Chili!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 - 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 2 - 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional, about cup shredded cheese
- Serve with mashed potatoes and frozen vegetables
- Brown the ground beef in a saucepan with the minced onion and garlic powder. [If freezing, let cool before adding to labeled plastic freezer baggie or container.]
- Drain, if desired.
- Add the black beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
- Warm the chili for 20-30 minutes over medium heat to allow flavors to mingle and deepen.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes and frozen vegetables.
- Optional: add a pinchful of shredded cheese to each bowl before serving.
- Serve Black Bean Chili with mashed potatoes and veggies.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #41.