These sandwiches tho.
Like, for real.
You know I get really excited about a recipe when I start talking in slang and making up words. Because…like, for realsies. *said in my best valley girl voice!*
These are the real deal.
The realsies dealsies.
(Ok, I’ll stop.)
It’s partly because of the soft, shreddable beef from the slow cooker. Partly from the zing and bite of the pepperoncini peppers. (They are not spicy…but have a tangy zip to them!)
Serve these babies with your favorite veggie or salad side and some chips! I love chips with sandwiches/burgers!
P.S. These would be great in the Instant Pot too, but the end result would be more of a sliced beef than a chopped or shredded beef. 🙂
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 small white onion
- 11 oz. jar pepperoncini
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Side Salad or veggies
- Slice the white onion into half-moons.
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle pepperoncini (with juices) and the sliced onions around and on top of the beef roast. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder over the top.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shredded beef, onions and pepperoncini to the buns.
- Prepare salad or veggies.
- Serve Best Italian Beef Sandwiches with salad/veggies and chips.