You want to know what I love about crumble pies?!
Well, it’s two things really.
One – you don’t have to stress about making a lovely edging around the top of the pie when you have the top layer of crust.
Two – you can pile the crumble super high for extra sweetness. (Which is important with this pie…because the berries can be tart!)
With this Berry Crumble Pie, we are using a simple pie crust (store bought is fine!), a bowl full of sweetened berries, and a bowl full of crumble. Put it all together (in that order) into a pie plate and let the oven take care of the rest!
This delicious Berry Crumble Pie recipe is perfect for summer potlucks and BBQs, or a simple dessert after a weeknight dinner.
Berry Crumble Pie
- 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly spray a 9″ glass pie plate.
- Place the pie crust into the base and form simple edging with your thumb and forefinger.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Toss in the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Pour into the pie plate and spread evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter with pastry blender or two knives, until crumbly.
- Pour the crumbly topping over the top of the berries, and spread evenly to the edge of the pie plate, with a slight mound in the middle.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until crumbly topping has turned brown and pie crust is baked through.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes on cooling rack.
- Slice and serve Berry Crumble Pie.
Leave a Reply