Starting next week, I’ll start to highlight the $5 Dinners that you all have been making in your kitchens! You all have come up with some stellar meals, and I can’t wait to share them!!!
For now, I’ll share this simple and hearty soup – made with medium shell pasta, beef, veggies!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup pasta noodles small or medium shell
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 carrot sticks peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- veggies side dish
- 1 mini French loaf side dish
- butter and jam
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground chuck with the chopped onion. Drain and return to saucepan.
- To the ground chuck, add water, diced tomatoes, diced carrots, diced celery, diced peppers, and the Italian seasonings. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, and then add the pasta.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes and reduce heat to low until its time to serve. (Don't let the soup "sit" too long on the stove, as the pasta will overcook and get mushy!)
- Slice and warm bread and serve with butter and jam.
- Serve Beefy Mac Soup with veggies and slices of French bread.