Oh, so hearty and filling!
This is a great “skillet to oven” dinner – where you prep and heat the bottom layer in a skillet (in this case, browning ground beef and warming the veggies) and then you top it with biscuits and bake.
You can use the same dish – like an ovenproof or cast iron skillet. Or, you could use a skillet or saucepan to prepare the bottom layer and then pour it into a baking dish and top with the cheese and biscuits.
If you are short on time, you could pull the biscuits in half (they are easy to divide like this) and place them on top that way…as the halved biscuit will bake on top of the casserole faster than a whole biscuit. You can put the other halves onto a baking sheet and they will be ready in just a few minutes too.
(Ask me how I know this…one time I made this, I misjudged the time and when we needed to leave for soccer practice…and I ended up just pulling the biscuits in half so that dinner would be ready and my star goalie wouldn’t be sent to practice without dinner.)
Hope you enjoy this dinner!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup (or make your own homemade version!)
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 10 refrigerated biscuits
- Salad, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then stir in the cream of mushroom soup and the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Add the beef mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, and then add the biscuits on top and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Beef & Veggie Biscuit Pot Pie with salad.