Here’s the deal on proteins…I try to keep our protein source under $2.50 for each meal, as I can typically get in a starch and veggies for less than $2.50 to round out the meal at $5…so when I come across a gem like this at the store, I’m sure to snag it up! s$1.85 for a package of stirfry beef, and I can certainly make a stirfry meal for less than $5!
Also, I used snap peas from the garden! I love to munch on them as I pick them, but thought stirfrying would be best for a meal!
Would love to hear your favorite ways to use your snap peas from your garden!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 lb. stirfry beef
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Few cracks of garlic pepper grinder
- 1 large broccoli head about 1/2 lb
- 1-2 cups of fresh snap peas
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, return water to boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until brown rice has softened.
- Marinate stirfry beef strips in 2 Tbsp sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cracked garlic pepper.
- Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil to skillet and heat until steams. Toss in broccoli and snap peas with the hot oil for about 30 seconds to a minute.