Here’s the deal on proteins…I try to keep our protein source under $2.50 for each meal, as I can typically get in a starch and veggies for less than $2.50 to round out the meal at $5…so when I come across a gem like this at the store, I’m sure to snag it up!Â $1.85 for a package of stirfry beef, and I can certainly make a stirfry meal for less than $5!
Also, I used snap peas from the garden!Â I love to munch on them as I pick them, but thought stirfrying would be best for a meal!
Would love to hear your favorite ways to use your snap peas from your garden!
Beef, Snap Pea and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice ($.40)
- 0.6 lb. stirfry beef ($1.85)
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil, divided ($.50)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce ($.10)
- Few cracks of garlic pepper grinder (free) Bought on sale for $1 with $.50 coupon that doubled to $1 = FREE!
- 1 large broccoli head, about 1/2 lb. ($.69)
- 1-2 cups of fresh snap peas (free from the garden)
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, return water to boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until brown rice has softened.
- Marinate stirfry beef strips in 2 Tbsp sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cracked garlic pepper.
- Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil to skillet and heat until steams. Toss in broccoli and snap peas with the hot oil for about 30 seconds to a minute.