I’ve waited as long as I can.
I just had to go and pull the carrots!!!
Here’s what I pulled from 3 squares in the garden. There were some itty-bittys (that I ended up munching on), and some larger ones that I threw into the slow cooker with tonight’s dinner.
Sweet, crisp and simply delicious!
Tonight’s dinner is a simple beef roast with carrots from the garden, celery and some spices. I plan to strain and save the juices for beef stock.
I bought a 2.4 lb. top round roast when it was on sale for $1.99/lb (reg. $3.99/lb) a few weeks ago. I let it thaw in the fridge and then added it to the slow cooker after breakfast. Easy as that!
And since we can’t/won’t eat 2.4 lbs of beef in one meal, I plan to use half for this meal and the other half soon!
- 2.5 lb. beef roast
- 4 whole carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 small gold potatoes
- butter for potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh veggies, side dish
- Place 1/2 cup of water in the base of the slow cooker. (I like to do this to dilute out the juices for saving them as beef stock.)
- Place beef roast into the slow cooker. Add carrots and chopped celery and potatoes around the beef. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare the fresh veggies before serving dinner.
- Serve sliced Beef Roast with Garden Carrots, Potatoes and veggies.